Cinkciarz.pl

Sunday, March 22, 2009

Just ordinary...or intriguing?

As I am writing this, my face is suffering from burnt not because of fire or flammable stuff but the blazing sun after an eventful sport's day of my college. I wanted to laugh upon looking at my face in the mirror but I can't coz my skin is all tense up, only able to display a courteous smile. So now, I look even more Malay- real proud of it- or like a construction site worker after a hard day of work under the sun. But all this doesn't bother me at all as I am used to it during my scouting years but my appearance gave a minor shock to my parents (my mum especially) and all sorts of skin care products were queuing up for me to use.

I don't really use all these but I have to, so I chose an aloe vera gel...refrigerated one. Hopefully it can heal me or else really gotta use Olay cream as recommended by Joanna. Haha.

Despite having a tanned skin which maybe will last for a week at least, I really enjoyed not because now I look more like Louis Koo now but efforts that everyone put in bore fruits, making the event more happening. The day started with Larian Mesra aka cross-country to a nearby stadium, decorating pitched-up tent with a Giant octopus (better not to mention what I did with it), blah, blah blah, and finally end with prize-giving session.

Have to salute girls from Blue House as they are really good in track events especially the 4x400M...Gold medal le. Good job to Susu, Syiao Wei, Aqila and Nasehah(if I am not mistaken)...Although the time records of all track events are not comparable to those of standard and professional athletes, this proved that JPA scholars are not nerds and just lock ourselves up in the room studying.

These few months are really jam-packed with events and will last till end of this month as next week will be my college's Mentor-Mentee Day. I am in for cooking event and performance as well. Not to forget is next Saturday, Earth Hour at 8.30pm.

Many questioned the rational of this act (which is to switch off your light no matter where you are for one hour) and asked why we should do it.

Yet, I would rather ask why we should not. There are plenty of reasons for doing it but not everyone will find it convincing. But just believe me and believe your heart that by doing this, we really can make a difference. It is not a "you are not to reason why, but you are to do and die" situation but a good act goes a long way. Not only that it won't cost you anything but by swtiching off your lights will also save your electricity bill. You can even be part of the caring world citizen in giving a hand to give some breathing space for our deteriorating Mother Earth. It's not an act only meant for environmentalist or humanitarian etc but is for everyone including ordinary persons like ourselves. It's a head start for us in living an energy-conscious way. Not only for that coming one hour,but eventually everyday of our life. Causes like this is just one of the many that we can contribute. Why not start from the simplest one with this?

There is a quote that all of us can ponder,

"We do not inherit the goodness of nature and environment from our ancestor but we borrowed it from our children."

I may not able to convince everyone to do this by just mere words but if the good cause is spread from mouth to mouth with help from everyone, I believe we can really make it happen. This hour is just like another ordinary hour in life but it would be a more meaningful one in which we should spend it together with a good cause like this in moving on to the next in life.

It's only a week away...let's start with the person beside you. We can do it together and we'll make a difference.

Next, most of us will face exams and all energy should be diverted into that to achieve success and flying colours. Again, let's move on together and reach our goals! "Togetherness to success". Hurrah!

No comments: