Cinkciarz.pl

Saturday, January 23, 2010

Roamed in Rome...

Instead of polishing up my Polish, and cramming up for my Chem in about 2 weeks...I chose to bring you to roam in Rome. (what a rhyme...)

Well, The Eternal City is the second destination on my itinery for my last Christmas break, a continuation from The City of Light- Paris. About 2hr flight, there were we in Italia.

Ciao! Ci Ci....Allora...Ciao Ciao!

Don't get me wrong that I'm becoming a bird or something similar as I stepped foot into the ancient city. It is just this 3 Italiano that I learned during my 4 days stay there...mainly thanks to Letizia...our "landlord" for 3 nights.
*This is not advertisement but a pure recommendation- when you want to overnight in Rome...you would never want anything else than Lilliput Hostel.

As my large blog photo up there presenting the magnificent Colloseo, I must admit the picture said it all. Rome is a large city but with small vicinity...you can actually walk all on foot! It is one old city that need young spirits to let its beauty revealed.


Fontana di Trevi


A day view

Although it does not function specifically as a wishing fountain...I would say it is more suitable to name it as the fountain of  hope. When you are in Trevi's Fountain, it is a must for a coin to be thrown...not just "baling" or "lempar"...there's a way.
Tips : Turn your back against the fountain, hold a coin on your right hand...toss the coin into the pool over your left shoulder....and hence a return to Rome is promised...well...we'll see.
As for not-couple-yet "couple", if by any chance your coin stack above "yours truly", well, the Roman Cupid has his arrow right "bullseye" on your heart.



                                     
Pantheon...
For it has stood there for perhaps almost 2000 years...this monument certainly has it's significance for it has awed millions of visitors...but surprisingly not one of my 3 travelmates here.
If you have read the book "Angels & Demons"...there is one thing inside this building that certainly will catch your attention. It is the famous...
  
 
The operculum

More mysteries and clue? Follow me...
 
One of the many St. Maria's Church....but the most important of all



Know what is this? It is the Free Mason symbol...yeap...right there in one of the window of the same church above...if you have a 1 US dollar note...u'll notice it is there as well...

Indeed the ancient city is very big...not because of its vicinity as mentioned earlier...but it is the buildings that made it seems so...eg.

 
Plaza Venetia

If you would have noticed that the size of the statue in the middle of the building...it still looks the same as of the bus even we are indeed way further in front from it for this caption. So...I must stress...it is humongous.

Next up, this place is indeed a "romantic" place if you do some set up...for you can easily see people taking wedding photos, couples holding hands and of course...enjoy some Roman artist artworks where you can observe the sunset at the same time as well....it is none other than...



The Spanish Steps...

Last highlight of the our roam...


The Vatican...

Yes, it is the you-can't-miss St. Peter's Basilica that shines the night sky of Rome. But just to highlight something here it is that...practically this pic was taken 1 street down the magnificent building...technically, we did that from another country...trust me..I'm not "bullshitting"...it is The Vatican City picuture taken from  Rome, Italy.


 
Sky view from the top of St Peter's Basilica Cupula...



Main altar of St. Peter's Church...

It is a rather long blog post here I know but anyhow....Welcome to Rome!

ps- there's another fact you should know when you are in Italy it is that u'll never missed a chance to eat pizza and pasta if you didn't even thought about trying it here...it's more common than 7-11 back home. The tip is...go anywhere...the price is about the same...so don't be afraid to enter classy looking restaurant for a pizza or two. ;)





2 comments:

ste said...

waaa..the pictures u took are pretty! oh, and i did baling a coin into the fontana di trevi. lol...

Herein My Journey Begins... said...

haha...some pics r mine, some r my travelmate's...she got a better quality camera I muz say...lol.
Then Rome is calling u again! =)